One of the most frustrating moments for an organiser is getting players started playing live games. Often players login with a new email address and do not have permission to play. Arbiters can now provide a Token (One Time Pin) to the player.
Please note, there is no way for you to help a player Sign in to Tornelo. We try to make it as obvious as possible that a player is not signed in, but a token will only work with a user that is signed in. Instructions for a player to Sign in can be found here.
Arbiter can easily access all Tokens for players in the following way:
1. Go to a Player list or Start list
2. Make sure the Token column is visible in the table
3. Look up the player and check the token
4. The Arbiter provides this Token to the Player in a secure manner (privately)
5. The Player must be Signed In (but it doesn’t matter what account they have used)
6. The Player should click Connect profile button
7. The player enters the correct Token, clicks OK and is granted permission to play in the event with whichever account they have used to Signed in.
8. At the end of the Event, Tornelo will link the email (user account) and the player so (as long as they login with the same email address) they can play without a Token in future Events
The Tokens are distributed once players are added into the tournament. In case players register themselves, they can access them immediately.
1. Register for an event (see more here)
2. When registration is completed, users have access to Manager registration page
3. Tokens for all registered players are available in the table view
4. TIP: It is possible to download them in CSV or to print them
In case of emergency (eg. Token was shared with a wrong player) Arbiters have the option to reset Tokens.
1. Go to Start list or a Player list
2. Look up the player
3. Click on the 3 little dots and choose Reset token option
4. Lookup new Token for the player (see Arbiter access above)