Tornelo is the only program you need to run a chess tournament. You’ll use the same program for over-the-board, hybrid or online events. We’ve made it easier today to run your OTB events with the new Print button!
Feature: Printing various lists on Tornelo
You will now see a Print button on most pages. Click it and you’ll be able to print (or save a PDF) a nicely formatted version of the data you are looking at.
You can print:
- Player list / start list
First, select the columns you want to print, customising your view of your tournament data. Then click Print. You can select your printer or Save as PDF.
Updates: Age group calculation
We display a player’s Age Group in a tournament. This information is calculated based on their Year of Birth data, which is converted to Age Group according to the formula:
Year the tournament ends – Year of Birth = Age Group
eg. (event ends in…) 2022 – (player was born in…) 2012 = 10 …. the Age Group is displayed as 10 which means “Under 10”.
This release also sees a number of bug fixes to make Tornelo more reliable and stable:
- Analysis mode; pieces were not being de-selected on keyboard navigation
- Round robin pairings; could not do draft pairings
- Finish event date; prevents invalid date entry
- Resuming finished events; no longer need to reload the page after resuming
- Displaying private events for Organisation admins; admins can see all
- Adding players from external Rating List; fixed a bug
- CSV upload of pairings to an event with one section; fixed a bug
- Added embed preview to Tools menu
- Start numbers; added checks and stability measures
- oAuth login with Facebook
- Accepting additional payment methods (PayPal etc)
- Removal of legacy code and updates to new database framework
As always, we’re keen to hear your feedback, feature requests or bug reports.